Pages

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Bad Characters and Good Television

Three exciting things are happening in TV Land for me and Boyfriend!




Anyway, Girls is back on HBO.



*Except Shoshanna, of course
 At the same time, Shameless is back on Showtime.




And I just introduced Boyfriend to Don’t Trust the B in Apartment 23 on Netflix.





Seriously you guys, it’s amazing.

Anyway, I’m noticing a pattern. It’s not exactly the same – I don’t like the characters on Girls but I like the show anyway, whereas I like the characters on Shameless even though they are all terrible. The point is, why do assholes make such good television? Probably because they’re more interesting than people who play by rules.





Do you guys watch any of these shows? 

11 comments:

  1. That's a weird coincidence, I just started watching "Don't Trust the B" and it is really funny. James Van Der Beek is the best. I can finally look at him and not think of his horrible accent in Varsity Blues ("I don't want your lyfe" it sounds like he says "life" with a "y" in it.).

    ReplyDelete
  2. The B in Apartment 23 is so so good, I was very sad that it got cancelled. Very sad. Obviously people just don't know good TV

    PS Can't get enough of that hot hot jam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, I understand that reference! I enjoy saying "That's not very korean of you."

      Delete
  3. How can I watch shows on HBO and Showtime? I'm much too poverty stricken to have all those channels. I have Netflix, though. Hmmmm . . .

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clearly, I mooch off Boyfriend.

      Delete
    2. Lucky bitch. And you get to hear that mellifluous voice all the time.

      Delete
  4. Don't Trust the B made me like James Van Der Beek. I never thought I'd actually say those words.

    And Shameless is just amazing. But rather than ramble about the joy of the anti-hero, I'm just going to be a gay Japanese hipster and say "Arigato heeey."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep totally agree with this. His character as himself was amazing.

      Delete
  5. I have been pondering doing a Shameless marathon, so I think I will now! The bad character thing is why I love Sons of Anarchy. You wouldn't want to hang around with any of those people, but they make for an awesome show.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Time Warner gave me three free months of Showtime. Now I can watch Shameless!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my god Gia, Don't Trust The Bitch is truly fucking awful television. I'm glad it was cancelled!

    ReplyDelete