Pages

Thursday, January 30, 2014

Throwback Thursday: Dentists are Sadists.

Sorry there was no post yesterday; I'm still working on the #backpain issue. Here's a throwback from 2012!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

I had to go to the dentist last week. I was scared. Should I have been scared?  Yep.

So, here’s the quick and dirty background. My family lost their dental insurance when I was in high school, and I stopped going to the dentist.  I’ve had a little bit of work done when necessary, but no regular cleanings/checkups.  

Until a few weeks ago, when I realized I’ve had dental insurance for over a year and no longer have any excuse for not going to the dentist.



So, I went.




On the up side, the hygienist was friendly and nice. Not like my last experience with Doctor.


On the down side, it was like a scene out of Dexter (not that I’ve ever seen Dexter. But I do have an imagination.)






It hurt. A lot. Even with the numbing gel.

You know it’s been too long since you went to the dentist when they have to say things like:


Let this be a lesson to you all.  Go to the dentist. Now. Before the plaque on your teeth hardens and the dentist has to use a scalpel to get it off and blood shoots everywhere and you’re totally traumatized.


And a quick follow up note: I had two cavities. I got one filled last week, and hung out with Boyfriend right after, when my mouth was still numb.



So quick, go to a dentist before you have to get a cavity filled and it looks like you have bells palsy and your significant other doesn’t want to kiss you. 

6 comments:

  1. Hey, a throwback for a post I haven't seen. Yay! This is why I start "emergency flossing" about 1 week before my appointment, so I don't look like an asshole and bleed everywhere after I say, "Yeah, of COURSE I floss every day."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen this post. If you floss, then your gums won't bleed. I love my dentist. I would totally fuck him. I also love my electric toothbrush, but don't care to have sex with it because it's not as young and cute as my dentist.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate dentists, always have. Been biting them since I was 8 years old because I believe you cause me pain, I cause YOU pain. About a decade ago this fool decided to test to see if the nerves were dead in a tooth they hollowed out for a root canal. He told me to tell him when it hurts. Now I waved, nodded, moaned, shook my hands trying to give him a clue that I was in pain. I could have put up flags they use to guide an airplane and this clown would have kept going. So I pulled out of his grasp, spit out the pins, and sunk my good teeth into the fleshy part of his hand. He screamed and ran out of the room like a 2 year old having a tantrum. Brought back another dentist and I could see I got him good he was bleeding. I told the second dentist you want some too? They both backed up because I got up out of the chair like I was in the mood to kick some ass. Back then I was a little slender, but still 5‘10” evil and walked with the confidence 20 years of martial arts gives a woman. Those dentists never saw me again and because of those incomplete root canals, I now wear a partial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for taking the time to publish this information very useful!
    check this out

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice Content Written
    Just wow author, I was looking for the same topic, which you just provided me in your content
    Keep writing and nice article again
    Kudos!
    movie streaming!
    Watch Movies !
    donwnloadshowbox!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I find reading this article a joy. It is extremely helpful and interesting and very much looking forward to reading more of your work.. dental implants London

    ReplyDelete