Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Election Update: The Aftermath

Well. What a shocking, painful end to the garbagefest that was this election. It feels like an actual nightmare. 





 True story. No judgement though kitty - my tummy hurts when I'm upset too. 

Anyway, this is the last political post you're getting from me in awhile. I'm devastated by what happened, super concerned about the future of the country and the climate, and can't imagine finding any humor in it going forward. (I mean, not that you guys were living and dying by the half dozen or so political posts I put up this year...) 

Don't worry, I have lots of material about the kitties, Boyfriend, our upcoming move to Canada.  (Kidding. Hack joke, I know. Also, it's actually hard to get citizenship there.)

5 comments:

  1. The "easy" way to get Canadian citizenship is to marry one, and even that's a long and difficult road. Right now it's hard to believe someone has "a well found fear of persecution" in the USA, though that might change soon. Maybe Canada will issue special 4 year residency visas for women, people with black or brown skin, Muslims or anyone that could easily be confused for being Muslim, have even a taint of Latin American in their ancestry, or have a history of standing up to bullies. Good luck America. You're going to need it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cried my eyes out this morning and have been trying to keep from losing it at work all day. There are no words. America died last night and I truly am grieving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it's any consolation, America will probably be fine, like the eye of the hurricane, some shrapnel will probably get tossed into the center but you really should be more concerned with havoc that'll be created externally. Also, damn.

    ReplyDelete