Pages

Monday, November 2, 2015

The Cider Doughnut Life

As you may know, Boyfriend and I eat low carb/high fat


So yes, I dream of carbs. 

I've been doing it for a little over a year now, and I'm down 20 pounds ish. 



By american averages, I am perfect.

Anyway, not the point. The point is, sometimes we  cheat a little. Boyfriend tends to have a whole cheat day, whereas I usually just have a meal or  treat (or both). And this week, our cheat day landed on the sugar holiday of the country, Halloween.


But no, actually we didn't opt for candy. Instead, we attempted to track down the elusive cider doughnut.



Boyfriend had looked for them at a couple of farmers markets and had no luck.

But then, I, who will now be referred to us as "Hero Girlfriend," went to a local farm store and purchased them. 


Later that night, we feasted.


Ah, that apple cider doughnut life. 

7 comments:

  1. Apple cider doughnut? I can't even conceptualize what that would taste like but it sounds good. Also, is it "doughnut" or "donut"? "Ketchup" or "catsup"? So many mysteries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always assumed "doughnut" was like "colour" or "judgement" - yet another example of the British adding vowels everywhere.

      But the British probably don't even call them doghnuts. They're probably called petals or something.

      Delete
  2. Started cutting way back on sugar and carbs (I indulge from time to time) in February and am down 20 pounds...hope to lose 10-15 more but will never go back to that addicting sugar/carb food. I am never hungry, and get to eat bacon EVERY day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers on the weight loss! I'm a big fan of cheat days. Much better than just getting rid of anything with flavor and falling off the wagon. I've never heard of a cider donut, but it sounds fantastic. Personally I usually opt for the maple bacon donut, because I figure if I'm going to cheat I should include grease, meat, and a bit of cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Cuban-Sicilian household lives on rice and pasta. I'm not sure how we'd deal with that diet...but complete kudos for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those sound amazing. I've never even heard of them. And now I want donuts. And pizza. And noodles with butter... Damn you GIA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know what cider donuts are, but I'm afraid I wouldn't trade you my mini-boxes of Smarties and teeny tiny Snickers bars for one.

    ReplyDelete