Pages

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

I'm Such an Asshole

I was saying goodbye to Boyfriend this weekend like usual.

And he got a text on his phone.


And all of a sudden my world stopped.


It was the unthinkable. 





That's right you guys. I completely forgot Boyfriend's bday. Even though I use it for a bunch of password related things and was looking at what to buy him last month, once September 1 hit I somehow completely blanked that his birthday was coming up. 

It was like one of those dreams when you're totally unprepared for a test or presentation. But not a dream. Real life.




I love making a big deal out of Boyfriend's birthday! Cake! Presents! A  mushy card where I tell him how much I love him and how special he is to me! It's pretty much a holiday for me too.




It's Boyfriend's birthdaaay and I'll cry if I want to...

Damn rational Boyfriend





So yeah, I feel like a total asshole. Has anyone else ever done something so stupid?? 

I do plan on fixing this, though. 




Happy Birthday to the best Boyfriend in the whole wide world! (And sorry I suck, dear.)

11 comments:

  1. I'd give my wife the biggest fanciest best wife ever trophy if she would forget my birthday and not get me anything. Christmas too. Except it would just be one more thing to dust.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, you definitely forfeit your World's Best Girlfriend title with this goof up. No amount of follow-up over-compensation can make up for forgetting. You might as well break up and start over with someone else because this will not go away. The memory will forever haunt you and him. Also, don't get camels, they spit and for dudes, they are painful to ride for obvious reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why birthdays are such a big deal to women. My step-daughter gets a whole week. "You have to be nice, it's my birthday week!"

    And I think she is lobbying for a birthday month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish people would forget my birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never missed the wife's birthday, but then again it's on Christmas, so that's kind of a slam dunk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm fortunate. Willy Dunne Wooters ignores birthdays. If I send him an e-card, he deletes it without looking at it. I learned quickly not to buy gifts for him. Of course, he ignores my birthday, too.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just keep trying to make it up to him, but still there will always be that shred of doubt because you forgot once.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You realize what this means, of course. Now he can forget your birthday and you can't bitch at him because of it. And by the way, that camel isn't wearing lipstick, is it?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just tell him happy birthday 365 days a year. That's what I do to my cat since I don't know his birthday

    ReplyDelete
  10. Heck, don't worry about it. I've been with my guy for 13 years, and he still doesn't remember my birthday properly. After ten years he had the month down pat, but he still gets confused about the day. Frankly I kind of enjoy it because it gives me such a great opportunity to tease him.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ouch. I've never done it but that's nice he wasn't upset about it. If I forgot K's birthday he'd be mad.

    ReplyDelete