Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas Hangover


I know the blogosphere is pretty dead this week, so my apologies if you’re hoping for a good post today. You’re getting mediocre posts til the new year. Want good ones? Look on the sidebar over there ----> or read my nativity story  or the story of Santa and the lady elf.

Did you all have a good Christmas? I did.  First, I decorated a bazillion cookies.


  Okay, my talented friend did the really good ones, but I did SOME of those.

Also, I ate approximately 1,000,0000 cookies.
  
Christmas morning was fun. I got some stuff for my apartment. And this happened:





Yep, my parents still tape things on VCRs.  And my dad’s big gift this year was his first cell phone  - the most basic flip phone you can buy. It’s 1990 up in here.

*My sister and I totally watched some full house. And yes, she still uses a Walkman. True story.

But that’s all okay. Because I had lots of wine and cookies.


16 comments:

  1. I love Full House! Once in a while. You got it dude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Let's watch full house and record songs off the radio."

    Holy CRAP this is funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cookies are SO pretty!

    I have Christmas regret. I am wholeheartedly regretting not taking these 3 days off of work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter and I watched Alf Christmas on VHS,,,because it's my mom's favorite christmas special and of course she was drunk and it's "tradition"!
    I'm glad I'm not alone with a family stuck in the late 80's and 90's

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gia, I'll take your mediocre over most people's best any day. Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice cookies! And you can't have Christmas without wine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not even I tape shows on a VCR anymore. I DVR them. And notice how I use DVR as a verb. I am a hip chick. I am with it. I don't know what "it" is, but I'm with it. I hope it's almost time to go back to bed. There isn't even Xanax in the world to make me feel better during the holidays.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. Where did she even find VHS tapes?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had the same question as Vesta. You could probably get some cash on EBay for those just for nostalgia or frame one like a kitchy artifact.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, sounds fun to me! I'd love to spend a day in the 1990's house. Also, my posts this week have been so rambly and random, this one is a dream compared to what I've offered over the christmas week lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your cookies! I thout there would be Ally ones maybe. Your holiday shirt is very festive!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are some very beautiful cookies, no wonder you ate so many. Your Christmas sounds great, I'm old enough to remember taping the top 20 off the radio. And fixing my tape with a pencil *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those are some very beautiful cookies, no wonder you ate so many. Your Christmas sounds great, I'm old enough to remember taping the top 20 off the radio. And fixing my tape with a pencil *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  14. VHS tapes? Ha ha oh man that's awesome. I have a dvd/vcr combo. Living the 90s dream.

    ReplyDelete