Friday, November 9, 2012

Here’s Me NOT Talking About the Hurricane


I’ve been talking (and tweeting) a lot about my hurricane experience, haven’t I?
I've become fond of candles.
I’m only moderately affected by it.

Anyhoo, we’re not gonna talk about the hurricane today. We’re gonna talk about Animal Shaming.

clicky to read

Me: Hi Lioness
Lioness: FUCK YOU
Me: Oh come on.  What’s wrong?
Lioness: You made me dress up in that stupid santa costume for your blog but I didn’t even get to go trick or treating because HALLOWEEN IS CANCELLED.
Me: Not cancelled. Some towns chose to postpone. Because of the hurricane.
Lioness: ROAR I WANT CHOCOLATE!
Me: Is that really what’s bothering you?
Lioness: NO. Election day just passed. And even though I’m more politically informed than the average American, I couldn't vote. Because I’m a lioness.
Me: Well, if it makes you feel any better, lots of Americans weren't able to vote Tuesday either. You know, because of the hurricane. (Or they were disenfranchised. Whichever.)
Lioness: ROAR SHUT UP ABOUT THE STUPID HURRICANE!!!
Me: IT WAS TRAUMATIC, OKAY?!?! I’M GOING TO KEEP BLOGGING ABOUT IT FOR AS LONG AS I WANT TO. SO JUST BACK THE HELL OFF.
Lioness: I have an idea.
Me: WHAT?!?!

clicky to read
Me: Oh ha ha Lioness.


clicky to read
You know what? I am NOT sorry for that one.  In fact…


11 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha ha! I love the idea of your toon creations making signs for you. I'd like more of that. Hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do not be ashamed of the hugs, Gia. Or the hurricane talk.

    And why is the Lioness so upset? Was she a Romney fan?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, if I were to bet what sign you would be given it would be "Gets cranky without wine and/or coffee."

    ReplyDelete
  4. You talk until your heart's content about that stupid old Sandy (just be sure to feed Lioness so that she doesn't eat your toes while you sleep). I can't imagine the people who are still without power. I mean, I can, but, well, shit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lioness sounds especially cranky today.
    Here in NC, it seems like EVERY hurricane knows my home address.
    This time? ( not to gloat, but yeah i am ) only one night of wind and rain. Then sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not wanting to sound repetitive but, you talk about the hurricane as much as you like love! Lioness seems to be getting more of a handful, maybe you should think about sending her here to Africa? She's not a rhino so she should be safe in a reserve, and she could meet some boy lions?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so awesome! I know how you feel - I can't stop talking about Sandy either. I'm afraid I'm annoying people but it's hard to stop blogging about it when you live in the area and there is still so much devastation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You just keep blogging about what you like Gia,,,your super funny!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haha! Why is your boyfriend complaining about hugging? Hugging is healthy, right? Doesn't he care about your health at all?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I had done this to my ferrets while they were around. Eating Fruit Loops and drinking out of the toilet is what I'd shame them with.

    ReplyDelete
  11. lioness sure is angry, isnt she.
    she'll be fine soon :p

    ReplyDelete