Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Replacement Refs


Note: Credit to this idea goes to Boyfriend! He thought of it during the jackhammer fiasco.

As you may have heard, the NFL had these crappy replacement refs while the real refs were on strikes. The real refs came back last week, so now the poor terrible replacements refs are out of a job.

Allie: NOT FOR LONG!
Me: What’s that, Allie?
Allie: Popsicle and I have an idea.

  
Allie: We like wrasslin’ sometimes, so we thought maybe a replacement ref could call our a “match” for us!
  
Popsicle: Hey, don’t get greedy.
Me: Good idea! Okay guys, get ready. 


Me: Okay guys, start wrasslin’!







Allie: Huh? Why?
Replacement Ref: One minute. I need to consult my rule book.

Ten minutes later

Replacement Ref: Touchback!

Allie: Gia, what’s a touchback?
Me: Yeah, I have no idea. I keep forgetting what that one means.
Popsicle: Uh, it’s not really relevant to wrestling, but whatever. Fine. Allie, you can have a point.
Replacement Ref: Play!




Replacement Ref: 
FOUL!
Allie: Yes!
Popsicle: What? What’s the call?
Allie: Uh, CHOKING ME.
Popsicle: You’re crazy. Ref, what do you say?


Me: But WHY!?
Allie:….are you trying to land a plane?
Me: I think he’s doing the YMCA.
Popsicle: Okay, this is getting annoying.
Me: Okay, let’s give him one more shot. Wrestle!



Replacement Ref: FOUL!
Me: Okay, what’s the call?


Allie: OH I KNOW THIS ONE!! IT’S THREE O CLOCK!!!
Popsicle: Okay, fuck this guy.
Replacement Ref: Winner is…Popsicle!
Popsicle: Nevermind, he’s not so bad. WOOHOO I WON!
Allie: Like hell you did! ROAAAAAAAR


Me: Allie! You should not have bit the ref’s arm off.
Allie: Replacement ref, Gia. Is it really that big of a deal? I’m hungry. And honestly, I think I’m doing all future sporting events a favor here.
Popsicle: She has a point, Gia.
Me: Okay, this whole thing was a bad idea.  Let’s just pretend this never happened.

Whiner.

7 comments:

  1. Is it football season? I might watch football if it involved alligators and polar bears.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See that, there was something good to come out of the Ref replacements...funny blog posts and late night TV shows making fun of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad those refs are gone. Idiots! All of them! I totally agree with Allie. She's doing everyone a favor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for a good morning laugh!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's eleven o'clock in the morning where I am. :)

      Delete
  5. Upon further review, Allie was 10 yards behind the free throw line and Popsicle was encroaching on first base. 7 points to Gryffindor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And this is why I'll stick with eSports. No need for refs!

    ReplyDelete