Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Futon Victory


So as you may recall, I have a terribly uncomfortable futon. I tried to look at new futon mattresses last week, but I was:


I whined to told Boyfriend about this. When we hung out after that, he sat me down and forced me to pick one online.


I settled on a mid-priced mattress. It came last week.  It  was a bit cumbersome.

Drawn pretty much to scale. 
And totally exploded when I opened it. I put it on the futon frame, and it was definitely more comfortable than the old mattress. However, it still wasn’t perfect. It was maybe a 7. A lot better than the old one, which was about a 3. Then I got an idea.


A perfect 10! 
Yep I put them on top of the each other. See?

Like the princess and the pea. Only, “the blogger and the terribly uncomfortable futon.”


Of course, there's only one way to really see if it's comfortable. 


Me: What do you guys think?
Miss Priscilla: Much better. I approve.
Allie: FLUFFY!
Popsicle the Polar Bear: It’s still too hot in here.  At least this is comfortable, though…
Me: Allie, what is that on your head??
Allie: My nifty hat? Boyfriend gave it to me. It was on a bottle of gin.
Popsicle: You look ridiculous.
Allie: Hush, I like it.
Popsicle: it’s clearly a man’s hat. It’d look better on me. See:


Me: Oh yeah, that doesn’t look ridiculous at all.
Popsicle: Thank you, Gia.

(Animals can’t detect sarcasm.)


25 comments:

  1. LOL!! Thinking outside the box, I like it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad your futon thwartedness has itself been thwarted, and applaud your brilliance. Hearing about how comfy it is in the seated position is all well and good. I do not want to hear about it in the horizontal position. Right? Right. That is all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WELL. Damnit. Guess I need to come up with a new post for Friday...

      Delete
  3. Kind of like when you can't choose between the McDouble and the McChicken and you get them both and then stack them together and then spend the next 6 hours on the toilet.

    Success!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is there even a such thing as a comfy futon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. Do the words 'comfy' and 'futon' ever belong in the same sentence?

      Delete
  5. I used to have a futon in my living room. My mom liked it a lot, but I never really used it.

    In Japan (where the term futon comes from), the futons there are much different. It's like a tiny sleeping bag meets mattress in the middle of the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your ninja futon building skills!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Actually, you might have created the first truly comfortable futon. You had better get a patent on your double decker futon concept.
    I am already imagining names...the 2-fu futon or should that be twofu?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get confused when you post real life pictures. I assume it's because on some level I just think you are a comic strip.
    Yay for the mega futon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Comfy futon? Outrageous! At first I thought you and boyfriend were being eaten by a rogue red futon! So relieved.

    ReplyDelete
  10. But my futon goes up to eleven.

    ReplyDelete
  11. lol lol Girl...I've never seen so much futon drama in my life ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I could have totally passed math if you had been my teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Please tell me you don't still have both on top! Isn't that a bit hazardous if it slips and you clonk your pretty head? O.o

    *fingers crossed that Gia doesn't kill herself on her own mattress*

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can you still feel the pea under the futon? Or is it the pee?

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the way you do this blog! Cartoon style, sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now THAT'S thinking outside the box! Good job Gia!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think "the blogger and the terribly uncomfortable futon" story is better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG! Just look in the difference in loft between the two! I think you are a super genius!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice job Gia! Go with what works sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Look at you using math! I guess our teachers were right. We really do use it again. You get extra credit for ordering online. I have to lie on them, roll around, and (if the store will let me) take a nap with my blankie, before I buy a mattress.

    ReplyDelete
  21. cute stuff toy..this is awesome..i bet this is pretty good and very comfy..we should make sure that it would not give you back aches..

    futons pittsburgh

    ReplyDelete
  22. Talk about close to home! Mine looks the exact same way.

    ReplyDelete