Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Dog Sign Contest!


If you follow me on Twitter, you may have seen this picture already:

If not, you’re probably going “WTF.” And I concur. Boyfriend and I were walking to the local Chinese place to pick up takeout that later gave me food poisoning, and we passed that sign.


So, we immediately threw around a couple of ideas of how to mess with it.  My best idea:

Clicky to make bigger
Boyfriend said we should turn it over to you guys to come up with something. I put it on twitter and got the following responses:

@JenReinmuth:  Be Responsible. Avoid Bestiality.

@Brewrites: Wait for it.................

@33tarakathleen: Insert ice cream cone gently into your dog's rectum

@sensiblemoms: Be Responsible. Every Dog Deserves a Colon Cleanse.

@handflapper: Canine colonics. For your pup with the stopped up pooper.

(And If I missed anyone, my bad! Let me know.) But seriously, you guys are awesome, and so I want to open it up to the blog, too.

Dog Sign Contest Rules!
1. Leave a comment with your funniest caption idea
2. If you can’t come up with something better than what’s already been said, let me know what your favorite is!

Boyfriend and I will review all the entries, and announce a winner next week. There’s no “prize” per se, but you will get bragging rights. 
Cut me a break. I'm poor and getting ready for my move.

I can’t wait to see what you guys come up with!

31 comments:

  1. That dog is so pleased with itself! Look at its cruel smirk. (Not an entry, just observation)
    Be Thorough! Your dog is gross, so clean and dust the area your dog walks.
    Be Responsible! An ounce of prevention = a pound of cure.
    Be a Man! And you catch any turdling before it even hits the ground.
    Show That Dog Who's Boss! By being its fecal-caddy.
    Man: "Shake it first, then insert tip, then stand back?" Dog: "Yeah, you better stand way back."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe i knew you'd come up with some good ones.

      Delete
  2. I love your blog - I always end up with a smile on my face.
    Dog caption:
    Be Responsible - wipe that dog's ass now or you'll never get it out of the carpet later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ad for the weirdest Snow Cone Machine EVER.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Human: "Yep - that's definitely poop in there."

    or another

    Dog: "OMG, I haz pooped a hooman!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. You could cover the dog up with a picture of R2D2 leaking oil, then change the text to:

    "Clean up after your droid"

    ReplyDelete
  6. https://twitter.com/#!/DadoftheDecade/status/197680268897820672/photo/1

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sign would not even get a second glance here in Hong Kong where I live. Already there are signs on bins saying: "Dog owners and leaders! [wtf is a dog leader??] Please put all the faeces within to preserve the healthful environment!" I should pass this post on to the Department of Environment and Hygiene, they'd be like "But what's funny about it? Why they can't think of slogan la? So lazy white man! Here have slogan..."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Be Responsible! Insert baby bottle in correct end of dog.

    Be Responsible! Sweep up area prior to dog defecation.

    Be Responsible! Make your dog feel better about his self esteem by crouching behind him on your walk instead of towering over him.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like he's holding an oil-can of lube, and greasing up his hand to give his pup a prostate exam.

    If it's good for you, it's good for your dog. Check EVERY prostate yearly to maintain good butt-health!

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Stop deforestation. Shape your dog's crap into Smurf houses."

    I can't believe I just typed that....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tin man and his dog- Rin tin tin (obviously)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thought bubble from person's head: "I'm starting to think they lied to me about how Nutella is made..."

    ReplyDelete
  13. MAN: "Release....aaaaaaand PINCH!"

    ReplyDelete
  14. "Ha Ha. Wait till you have to express my scent glands. You are soooo whipped."

    We have some kind of a dog sign outside our house put there by hobo dogs that says "These people are suckers, scratch at their door."

    ReplyDelete
  15. "so THAT'S what happened to our garden gnome!"

    ReplyDelete
  16. Febreeze not only takes the smell out of your couch but out of your dog's bum fur too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ok, the wait for it made me crack up!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is tough. It's so disturbing, I'm not quite sure what to say. However, it looks like he's holding a house, to which I thought something along the lines of "Little House in the Puppy." But, then, I thought it looked like a Polaroid picture, to which he could have perversely taken a Polaroid of his dogs asshole. I'm not sure why, though.

    Be Responsible! Notify the Animal Sex Offender Registry!

    Bre Writes had a good one, too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am absolutely horrible at coming up with clever captions, but that's only because I don't have a sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Man: "All dogs smell each others' butts. I wonder... maybe if I just.."
    Dog: "Farting in 3..2..
    Man: "OH GOD!"

    ReplyDelete
  21. this seriously made my day.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have to think on it but I'm totally laughing at, "Wait for it..." Hilarious.

    ~The G is Silent

    ReplyDelete
  23. "Next on 'Behind the Scenes with Tintin and Snowy: Life certainly doesn't always smell of roses and pink-frosted chocolate cupcakes."

    -Barb the French Bean

    ReplyDelete
  24. To create your very own Fart In A Box, approach quietly from behind...

    ReplyDelete